Isie's had a few interesting thoughts on our road to baby sister.
1. Isie: Mommy, how does the baby get food when she's in your tummy?
Me: There is a cord connected from Mom's tummy to the babys'.
Isie: The baby has a cord? (You could just see the picture in her head: me plugging the baby into an electrical outlet.)
2. Isie one day when I was eating a sandwich: Mom, does the baby like the peanut butter?
Me: Uh, the peanut butter hasn't got to her yet.
Isie: Why not?
Me: Cause first the food has to go in my tummy and then into my blood before the baby gets it (way to technical for my five year-old).
Isie: The baby eats BLOOD?!
3. Isie: Mom, the baby is in your tummy now, but how does she get out?
Me: Uh...uh...uh...she's in my tummy now and and then when she's born she'll be out of my tummy. (Nice dodge, huh? Just rephrasing her question so it sounds like an answer.)
4. Me: Man! She's kicking hard tonight.
Anton: She must be swimming all over in there.
Isie: The baby can Swim?!
(Sure hope she doesn't throw her in the bathtub to find out!)
5. Isie: Where does the baby go pee, pee?
and the ultimate awkward...
6. Isie: Mom, I know the baby is in your tummy, but how did it get there?
Me: Daddy, why don't you answer that question.
I think by the time we came up with a good answer she had lost interest, but he did have a pretty good one for her. He told her Mommies and Daddies pray and ask Heavenly Father if it is okay that they have a baby and sometimes he says yes. Works for me.