Sunday, April 29, 2012

Isie's Baptism

We are grateful Isie only had to wait a week to get baptized. Well, actually, more like three years and a week. As soon as she knew some day she would be able to get baptized, she began anxiously anticipated her turn. When she turned seven she tried really hard to get me to persuade our bishop to make an exception and just let her get baptized at 7 instead of 8.

She was very ready. It was wonderful to see how ready she was. I got to watch her sitting on the front row by her daddy. She looked so peaceful and happy. She had the sweetest expression on her face. She understood the covenants she was making. It brought tears to my eyes as I thought about what a special little person she is. A few people even made comments about how she was the most prepared person they've ever seen to be baptized. It was a wonderful day. She had lots of people there to support her. It was supposed to be a stake baptism, but she ended being the only kid there. It felt like a meeting just for her.

We were very lucky to have so many friends and family come to help make her day special. I am extremely proud of the person she is and the person she has the potential to become. I wish I would have been smart enough to get pictures of everybody that came, but here are a few pictures of her big day...

 I snapped a few pictures before we left so we could remember her pretty baptism day dress.




Grandma and Grandpa Harris 



 Isie and Dad


Our little family

The Grandkids minus one


Grandpa and Grandma Nelson and Aunt Lexie (Uncle Ky came too, but we didn't get a picture with him, darn it)

All the Grandkids together


Cousins



1 comment:

Cami Jo said...

Oh my heck, I can't believe this! When did they get so big? She looked beautiful. I bet it was a great day!